Our Services Include
WDP’s geotechnical engineers have extensive exploration methods and techniques available to characterize and evaluate challenging subsurface site conditions.
Each geotechnical investigation can vary with individual project needs, but the following tasks are generally performed to provide adequate characterization of the subsurface conditions: document review, site reconnaissance visit, site investigation, laboratory testing, and the geotechnical analysis and report. Geotechnical engineering and subsurface explorations typically utilize a variety of methods to characterize soil, bedrock, and groundwater conditions. Field exploration samples and data are analyzed and evaluated in our in-house, accredited materials testing laboratory. Results of these analyses assist WDP’s geotechnical engineers with the development of cost-effective, quality solutions.
Representative geotechnical projects include the following:
- Fauquier County Government and Public Schools
Prince William County Public Works, Facilities Construction Management
- Kraft Dry Storage & Distribution Facility: Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Newport Estates Subdivision - Fill Slope Failure Evaluation & Repair:
- One Freedom Square: Reston, Virginia
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Stafford Place II: Arlington, Virginia