WDP Staff Help Local CommunitiesNews
WDP staff donated over $1300 this year to purchase toys, clothing, and shoes for kids within the Georgetown South Community for our Holiday Community Service project again this year. This community is within 3 miles of our Manassas office, has 860 homes and more than 4,000 people, many of whom are children; and they received help requests from 240 families with over 500 kids. Through successful in-house donations, WDP was able to "adopt" 7 children during the holiday season and spread some joy to the less fortunate. We had a small amount leftover (approx. $30) which we donated to the House of Mercy Food Pantry in Manassas. To learn more about the food pantry, donate, or volunteer, check out their website at https://houseofmercyva.org/.
WDP Staff Work on Santa's Workshop!News
From all of us at WDP & Associates, we sincerely thank you for your business, friendship, and support throughout the year. We wish you a very happy holiday season and a peaceful and prosperous new year!
Along with Marketing coordination, the creative and extraordinary artwork was provided by Michael Scott, husband of Leyla Scott an employee at WDP.
WDP Staff Members shown clockwise from top are:
- Trevor Weilbach, PE, Senior Engineer, Manassas Special Consulting - Roof
- Shannon Scolforo, EIT, Staff Engineer, Charlottesville Office - Rope Access
- Kate Franczek, Staff Engineer, Blacksburg Office - Rope Access
- Brian Green-Carino, PE, Senior Engineer, Manassas Special Consulting - Wall Scan
- Yuri Chandler, PE, Senior Engineer, Manassas Office - Utilizing Nuclear Gauge
- Michelle Mittel, EIT, Staff Engineer, Manassas T&I, Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Testing
- Dave Wolford, Senior CADD Technician, Manassas Special Consulting, Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Testing
- Abby Cowser, EIT, Staff Engineer, Manassas Special Consulting, Water Penetration Testing
WDP is Awarded 2nd Term Contract with ServiceSourceNews
WDP has been awarded our 2nd term contract for providing Structural Inspection services in support of the Washington Headquarters Services at the Mark Center Campus in Alexandria, Virginia. The initial contract is for one year with 4 one-year renewal options. WDP has been providing services to ServiceSource since 2014. Congratulations to John Grill, Andy Dalrymple, and the Marketing Team for a job well done!
Project Update - New Public Safety FacilityNews
Construction of the New Public Safety Facility for the City of Manassas is progressing with concrete pours completed on 4 levels of the Main building. Concrete for the penthouse level of the main building has been completed as well. Special inspections for masonry, light gage metal framing (LGMF) and structural steel remain on-going.
Concrete placement has been completed for the parking level and first floor of the Auxiliary Building which is also continuing with steel placement as is the Main Building. An elevated walkway connecting the Auxiliary Building to the Main Building will also be included, but construction will be delayed until site access is no longer needed for heavy equipment traffic.
- Colin Rodman, C.E.T. - Special inspections and testing
- Jay Hoffman, C.E.T. - Structural steel inspections
- Rick Hale, AWS, CWI - Structural steel inspections
- Ed Brilhart, C.E.T. - Field Operations Manager
- Adam Garrity, C.E.T. - Lab Assistant Manager / laboratory testing
- Rob Niber, P.E. - Project Manager / Geotechnical Consulting / SIER
Project Update - Hilton Garden InnNews
WDP's engineering technicians, Jay Hoffman and Michael Perlow, are currently providing fireproofing inspections for the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Haymarket, Virginia. Once these inspections are completed, special inspections for the hotel will soon come to an end; and WDP will begin monitoring asphalt placement for the parking lot and providing inspections/testing on exterior concrete for sidewalks.
WDP Awarded Contract with the GSANews
The GSA has selected WDP & Associates to provide roofing, façade, and building envelope engineering and design services throughout the GSA Mid-Atlantic North Service Center area. This area encompasses Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware but also work in the South Service Center area (West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland). Most of the work will involve occupied buildings, some of which are historically significant. The scope of engineering and design services will include performing comprehensive studies with an emphasis on moisture intrusion and physical condition assessments, development of design-build RFP packages, design of building envelope and roofing systems, and building envelope and roofing inspection and construction administration services including commissioning. WDP & Associates is excited to be working with the GSA.
Connect With Us