WDP Awarded Fort Monroe Authority Contract
WDP has been awarded a contract to provide professional engineering services to the Fort Monroe Authority (FMA) for work on the Fort Monroe National Historic Landmark (NHL) District. The scope of services will include building envelope, structural, historic preservation, and geotechnical work.
This historic landmark dates back to 1607 and was originally named Cape Comfort by English explorers prior to the founding of Jamestown. The first fortifications were erected in 1609. Further exploration of the James River and Chesapeake Bay led to the early renaming as Point Comfort then Old Point Comfort, the current designation.
Among approximately 550 acres and approximately 150 buildings, sites, structures, and objects that reside on Fort Monroe and Old Point Comfort, the landmark includes special event venues, a 332 slip marina with 31,400 SF of support space, a travel park for recreational vehicles, and is home of the Casemate Museum.