Constructed in 1940, the original Holden Hall building was comprised of a 3-story wing that was 20,166 SF and two single-story wings totaling 21,648 SF. The renovation and expansion included the renovation of the 3-story wing and the demolition of the two single story wings that were replaced with new 3 and 4-story wings, both approximately 86,600 SF. The entire building at completion totaled approximately 102,000 SF.
WDP provided design review of project/construction documents and developed repair drawings and details for the existing Holden Hall renovations. Construction observation services related to the exterior renovations for the existing Holden Hall and construction observation services related to the building envelope of the new Holden Hall building were also performed. Responsibilities included performing site visits to document the installation of the weather barrier, curtainwalls, storefronts, architectural precast, and associated components of the Hokie stone veneer wall system.
ServicesBuilding Science & Enclosure Consulting
Timothy A. Apisa, LEED AP, Senior Project Manager, Blacksburg Division Manager